Breaking the Silence applies in the Presbyterian Church of Australia in the State of New South Wales including the Australian Capital Territory, in the State of Western Australia, in the State of Tasmania, Presbyterian Inland Mission and APWM.
We can help you with:
- Implementing Breaking the Silence.
- Reporting requirements, including:
- child abuse,
- risk of significant harm,
- reportable conduct,
- sexual misconduct, and/or
- conduct that breaches the Breaking the Silence Code of Conduct.
- Audit requirements.
- Investigations, risk management, employment screening and reporting of relevant employment proceedings as appropriate within the church.
- Advice about relevant disciplinary matters.
- Education programs for all congregations and organisations within the church, and its personnel.
- Assistance for personnel, congregations and organisations within the church in relation to abuse matters, including the provision of resources, confidential help in relation to Community Services and civil authorities, and an effective “help line” for support when dealing with these matters.
- Access to a counselling referral service (or provide details of other counselling services) appropriate for people affected by abuse within the church.
- Interdenominational cooperation on abuse issues.
- Representation where appropriate to government, ombudsman, Commission for Children and Young People and Community Services regarding review and amendment of relevant legislation in those States and Territories where Breaking the Silence has been formally adopted by the relevant State General Assembly.