There’s nothing more practical in the world than a food parcel. Donated to Jericho Road, you can be sure it will go to people who need and appreciate it. Let us know you’ve got a collection of dry goods or canned goods, and we’ll arrange a time and place for you to drop it off.
As part of our Packed with Love ministry we give food out to those in need. However, we can only give out food if we have food donated to us. If you would like to support us in this ministry, as we extend God’s love to those in our community, you can make a donation of food (see the list below for appropriate food items) which can be delivered to a variety of locations. Get in touch to find out more.
Food suitable for donations
· Cans of vegetables – Beans, Corn, Peas, Bean mixes, Carrots, Beetroot
· Tinned Meats/Meals – Ham, Corned beef, Fish (Tuna, Salmon, other), Soups, Meat meals (braised steak and vegies etc), Spaghetti, Baked beans
· Other Staple Foods – Long Life Milk, Pasta and pasta sauce, Rice and sauces (1kg packs or less), Cereal
· Cans of fruit – Fruit salad, Peaches, Pears, Pineapple, Apricots
· Biscuits – Shortbread, Savoury, Chips etc
· Spreads – Peanut butter, Vegemite, Jams, Honey
· Drinks – Coffee (Instant ONLY, not ground/beans), Tea (Instant ONLY, not leaves)
However, please note the following:
· Do not include items where the use by date has expired
· Cans should not be rusted or dented
· Do not include homemade food items
· Do not include food that requires refrigeration
· Do not include items such as bread, rolls, crumpets, etc