In times of emergency across NSW Jericho Road tries to be there to help and support those affected with financial assistance to meet immediate needs, care packages, meals and help with clean up. And in the everyday tough times, we show the love of Jesus through care packages, Christmas Hampers and Winter Warmer boxes.
At our place
You can join Jericho Road through:
- Packing love into boxes twice a year – At Christmas and in mid-Winter you can join us in packing boxes and making deliveries
- Emergency responses – You can also join us in the event of an emergency where we can provide practical support
- Partnership pantry – Your church can set up a Jericho Road Partnership Pantry, where donated pantry items are collected and then delivered to us for distribution to those in need
At your place
Your church can be part of Packed with Love too, through:
- Being responsive – Your church could consider whether your building could be an emergency response point, and talking to your local council about what would be required
- Providing material support – Your church could contribute goods, such as pantry items or gifts, to our Christmas hampers and Winter Warmer Boxes
- Knitting and Quilting – Your church could support our Winter Warmer Boxes through providing handmade blankets and quilts
- Donating – your church can donate to emergency appeals, or make tax deductible donations towards hampers for regional areas
To join Packed with Love, simply call Liz on 0427 421 467 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jericho Road 2018 Drought Appeal
Drought conditions are spreading across New South Wales with 90% of the State experiencing worsening conditions. December and January rainfall feel at the wrong time to grow pasture in many areas, and autumn sowing of pastures was delayed. Some areas have had critically low rainfall and no natural stock water is left.
The effect that this has on individuals, families, farms, towns, communities and the economy is often hidden. But it is real and can be devastating.
The Presbyterian Church in NSW has congregations across many of the areas affected by the current drought. They need our prayers – and you can join us in prayer for them by registering here. And many need our practical support.
You can donate to the Jericho Road 2018 Drought Appeal by clicking here. All funds donated will be distributed to those in need via local churches and presbyteries.