Please pray with us today – 20 Dec 2019
Please pray with us today for those affected by the fires:
- Lord, we grieve for the loss of life due to the fires. We pray particularly this morning for the families of Firefighter Andrew O’Dwyer and Firefighter Geoffrey Keaton. We pray that they would know your comfort at this terrible time. We pray that they would not be alone and would have friends and family around to comfort and support them.
- Father, we pray for those who have been injured by the fires. We pray particularly this morning for the RFS members who suffered burns yesterday in the Bargo fire and those who were injured in the truck accident. Lord, have mercy on them. We pray that they would recover well and that those caring for them would have the skills needed to bring them back to health.
- Lord, we pray for those property owners and emergency services personnel who are today on the front lines of the fires. We pray that they will be safe. Please protect them.
- We pray for those who have been evacuated, some for many days now. We pray that they would not be anxious and would have places to stay and people to sustain them.
- Father, we pray for those in the ambulance service who are caring for the injured. Please give them great skill and calm under pressure. Keep them safe. Protect them from the trauma of what they see.
- We pray for those who bear the burden of leadership in this situation. We pray particularly for Commissioner Shane Fitzsimmons and Deputy Commissioner Rob Rogers as they carry responsibility for managing the day to day fire fighting efforts. Please give them time to rest, courage to lead and the support and resources they need.
- Father we pray for the vulnerable – those whose health is affected by the smoke, children who are scared by the situation around them, the elderly and frail. Please give them peace of mind and protection.
- We pray for our emergency services Chaplains. Please sustain them and enable them to show your great love in times of loss and pain.
- Our Lord God, we know that you created the universe and everything in it. We know that you are in control of the seasons, the weather and these fires. Father we ask, if it is your will, that you send soaking rain without wind and lightening across the fire fields. Lord, have mercy on us.
CEO, Jericho Road