Please pray with us about the ongoing bushfires, especially on the South Coast of New South Wales and further South.
From the Eurobodalla – Peter Pallett
The situation is a long way from being over. If weather conditions worsen…enough said. Please pray for:
- the weather to be favorable (RAIN),
- for individuals impacted by the fires, and
- for our church family as we try to care for each other and others in our community, wisdom for me as I seek to pastor the people God has given me to serve in the Eurobodalla.
A brother in Christ who lost his home on the South Coast in recent days says, “God has blessed us in so many ways – He builds up and He tears down – and He cares for us in the most important way, through his Son Jesus, our Lord and Saviour. To Him be the glory forever. Amen”
Will you pray with us:
- Pray to our great God, giving thanks for lives saved and the protection afforded to those fighting the fires.
- Pray for the family and friends of Firefighter Samuel McPaul, that they may know God’s presence and compassion for them and that they may have the support that they need as they grieve
- Pray for Peter and the church family in Moruya, Tuross Head and Narooma, that they would be able to care for each other well and that they would know God’s peace and find courage in their faith.
- Pray for the families and friends of people who have lost their lives, that they would be comforted in their grief and be surrounded by people who can support them.
- Thank God for those who bear the burden of leadership in this very difficult season. Pray for Shane Fitzsimmons and Rob Rodgers as they lead the RFS, that they would have wisdom and clarity and that they would be well supported.
- Pray for the people stranded at Mallacoota in Victoria, that they would remain safe and receive the food, water and other essentials they need. Pray for other communities in Victoria who have been seriously impacted by the fires, including Sarsfield, Corryong and Cudgewa. Pray that they would be comforted in their grief.
- Pray for the people of Bateman’s Bay, Batemans Bay Presbyterian Church and Peter and Veronica Hatte as they care for the people there. Pray that God would give them strength and peace.
- Pray for the people of Cobargo, Mogo and Conjola as the losses there are revealed. Pray that as communities they would be able to support each other and pray for God’s people in those places that they would be able to show God’s love to those suffering loss, anxiety, fear and grief.
- Pray that the power and associated services would be restored on the South Coast as soon as possible. Pray for safety for the workers as they assess power lines and work to reopen roads.
- Pray for the emergency services workers who deal with such trauma during these times. That they would be protected and find comfort, and that they would find God’s people ready and willing to talk with them
- Pray that God would send plentiful rain to slow and extinguish the fires currently threatening human life. Pray for his continuing mercy in protecting the lives of people in areas threatened by fire and those in our emergency services.
Thank you for praying with and for our brothers and sisters in these places.
CEO, Jericho Road