Peter Pallett in the Eurobodalla has let us know that local church members feel the need to gather together for prayer tomorrow morning at 9am. This they will do in a number of locations to avoid unnecessary travel; including people’s homes, some of our church buildings, individually or with a friend while they guard and prepare their property and lives.
He says, “It would be encouraging to know our brothers and sisters in Christ are praying with us.”
Will you pray?
As far as specific prayer points go, Peter asks that we pray for the following:
- Rain, (the obvious one) but even for winds to be less strong than predicted
- Wisdom, to know the best course of action to take to keep ourselves and others safe.
- Resilience, to cope with the pressures a fire front will bring, and to cope with the general chaos and loss that is happening, one of our families have lost their home, one mother with 4 little children is stuck in Ulladulla tying to get to Sydney, and the like,
- A number of people that need to evacuate have asked to use our church buildings, especially in Moruya. Pray we will know when and if to evacuate these places and where to go for safety.
- Please pray we will show Christ in the way we care for each other and others in our community.
Thanks for your concern and prayers.
Please join us in prayer.
CEO, Jericho Road